I have a 1983, Suzuki gs750es. I'm in the middle of turning it into a cafe racer and ran into some real trouble trying to find a newer style set of forks that fit. I know that the forks i have now are telescopic, preload adjustable, and hydraulic anti-drive. The rake is 27.8 degrees and the trail is 105 mm / 4, 13 in. I don't know if any of that info helps but its just about all the info i can find...please help.

Edited by julian shine

Is the headstock spindle on the later Water Boilers (92 - 95) the same as the Oil Boilers ?

Just checked bearing numbers on Alpha Sport and they are the same for the Oil and Water Boilers.

So that answers my question. Yes they are the same on the 750, (or at least the bearings are)..

Edited by SiBag
  • 7 months later...

I'm going through the same thing with my gsx750es same year! Anyway, I've bought an 07 showa ducati monster fork and found out that the stems don't match. Any of you guys have had the experience of doing this? Or rather, is it worth going to the presses for the fork? Or should I look for gsxr forks to trade with my ducati forks? any opinions help.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much all suzuki forks and front end set ups are interchangable for example I've got Gsxr110k forks and yokes with a Gsxr1100wp wheel and Gsxr750j brakes and mudguard in the front of my 1978 Gs1000e and all I've had to do is modify the lockstops , the rest all just bolts together. the info you need can be found on the old site here > http://old-skool-suzuki.proboards.com/thread/1870/fork-conversion-chart-rotor-matrix

Photo-0001.jpg