Efe

cheers fella , to be honest I don't really know I think dave ( duckanddive) is your man, the Gsx air cooled lump was different altogether than the bandit , I do know my mate bought a kit of eblag for a grand but then he had to bore to 81 mm and buy some busa 1st gen Pistons and job done with some extra parts like af meter and boost gauge . Mine was a one off fabrication with great thanks to my mate who is a demon with a tig welder and me doing the engine. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Bigkenxx said:

cheers fella , to be honest I don't really know I think dave ( duckanddive) is your man, the Gsx air cooled lump was different altogether than the bandit , I do know my mate bought a kit of eblag for a grand but then he had to bore to 81 mm and buy some busa 1st gen Pistons and job done with some extra parts like af meter and boost gauge . Mine was a one off fabrication with great thanks to my mate who is a demon with a tig welder and me doing the engine. 

Cheers, so £1k plus for a standard 'ish set up?

4 hours ago, Bandit31 said:

Cheers, so £1k plus for a standard 'ish set up?

It all depends how far you want to go how much boost but a grand will get you a set up I don't know how much people would charge as me and my mate have done it all garage and shed engineering. 

Well it went the dyno and a old problem re appeared number 4 carb float sticking it's my own fault I have got a full set of repair kits and due to time and having a new born didn't fit them so it ran on 3 cylinders was bloody fine on a test run last week but that's Sod's law but did a respectable bhp on 3 , the operator loved it says it's a very strong engine pulls hard the lock up clutch works perfectly just made me realise I need a new chain ! Spark plugs as a preventive measure also restrict the turbo oil line a little bit more but the good thing with a dyno you can see up close what is happening under load without peering at your engine with your helmet on or doing what I used to racing 2 strokes going up and down the road with spanners and jets doing plug chops. 

• Like 2