yann7/11R Modified Slabby

Finally find an opportunity to have a painted front fairing. Some friends from Club11R section bring it to me at the Paul Ricard racetrack meeting.

I decided to mount the bike with a complete fairing, i has for years. Made some modifications on the dashboard.

Need paint retouch everywhere...

yann7_11R Avril2016 DSC_0005.JPG

• Like 13

Yan will know the relevance of the hose wrapped around the exhaust can, even of he didn't use it  here. It's an old Endurance trick.

You wrap that hose around filled with a couple of turns of fencing wire and the trist the free ends like lockwire and tie them onto the subframe somewhere. In an off where the exhaust hanger gets wankered, at least you have something suppoting the exhaust while the bike comes back for a repair. Can be an engine saver.  I would explaain that bit, but it is long winded. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Nice old endurance trick, markfoggy ! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

The renaissance from a championship with a "classic" category give us the occasion to have a close see to all that stuff. Lot of trick to see effectively...and the préparation level is just... indescribable !!! :tu

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi to all OSS girls & boys.
Since a long time,I've keeped in mind improve the braking power from my Slabby. I've passed a part of Winter trying to make work a pair of sixpot Béringer caliper...but with an unadapted master cylinder...no chance. So i change the plan and buy some bargain part from "a Prilia" bike.

To mount this stuff, i've done some aloominium brackets (all laser cut with 2 hands a driller & a metal saw...) 

20170618_121314_004.jpg

20170618_114048_001.jpg

20170618_111657.jpg

• Like 8

From there, the installation is easy. The Look is a little bit massive,but it's was a choice at the begining because i've opted for some FHC screws and need to make a "counterbore" (don't know if it's a exact term ?) for a correct mounting. I've buy this special tool and i'm waiting for it.

Please...don't pay to much attention to the screws in place. Works, but...It's provisional. Was the only ones under the hands.

20170618_211157.jpg

20170621_172608(0).jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...