yann7/11R Modified Slabby

I must admet, i feeled satisfied with the bike, in term of road feeling.:banana:
Taking experience from this one...Why not, start another build, but for trackdays, this time. Taking exactly same parts and setup, but I'd in mind something much lighter in race trim version. I'll do this with some parts i'd in stock since few month. Bike will be mounted from ground...another time.:vu: 
So...2 years ago, story began a little bit like that :
- Once upon a time...A Slabby carbon fuel tank was all alone...-_-

IMG_20170805_174032_727.jpg

• Like 3

After first year or so...

During all the reassembling process i keeped my target in mind. Many moment i totally missed the mark. So i disassembled all the bike...changed some components. After some errors and search this is a result...

Engine is a GsxF11. So no chance he does work righly with RS40 carbs installed on...

Finaly find a Marchesini pair. The only one rear i'd at the begining is going on my MotoMartin. Rear shock is a fresh Öhlins instead the old one i'd thinking refurbishing. 43mm fork from GsxR 750 J. What to say from the Limited seat !!! Thanks Jason @fiberman!

Stainless exhaust from MIG (another time ).

49705994_2225862961068748_5424038168607326208_o.jpg

• Like 8
3 hours ago, markfoggy said:

You like a comfy seat.

xD

Jan, that looks very cool.

Thanks Mark !
I must admet, i prefer a comfy seat for my old butt ! ;) Jason has done a great conception work with this one(y). Rider seat much higher than stock. This give a modern install on bike.:banana:
GsxR 750 J fork is mounted with Harris yokes. This pair was bored from 41 to 43mm. Combined with short fork tube this gave me the wanted bike rake.

20190720_200322.jpg

To dress the tail with a rear light, my idea was to duplicate the SERT kind. I purchased two tiny "VIGNAL" like original model. So this time too, all was "laser cutted" with only a driller and a saw. :ph34r:Plates are in clear "styroglass" coming from local supermarket... Result:

20190626_171709.jpg

20190627_112442.jpg

20190627_183057.jpg

• Like 6

No much money :ph34r:, so...not so much choice if i want make significative progress.
So i take oil cooler, coils and rearset from my GsxR1100 H (need some clutch works...), to mount all the stuff on this one. 
Exhaust silencer is absolutely not supposed stay as it is...

I mounted some CV36 carbs. Engine is alive.

I was able to make first wheels turn.:banana:

20190708_132147.jpg

• Like 4

One more step with a Beringer brakes front master cylinder .
And as planified, modified routing exhaust in a better shape.
I'm not satisfied with the top fairing . Looking for something different. Slingshot or...Tornado look maybe...

I've find some new airfilter too.

This is the state for this week. To be continued...

20190716_101006.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Some months passed during this sh.t year and plan has gently changed in term of fairing. 

Got opportunity to buy a bargain (never mounted) Ragged Yoshimura 86 fairing from a friend. YES...you can find some British made stuff...in France !

Think it's look much what i want instead the vintage Roca one. Racefit exhaust goes away toi as i prefer a long pipe to suit the Fiberman seat and my Remus one is just (y).

20201108_145026.jpg

20211107_151510.jpg

• Like 15
  • 2 months later...