slabside carbs

Crazylien

To get the needles out you need to remove the tops, then take the screw out of each of the bell cranks (one is a bolt).  You can then lift the slide out.  The bell crank is attached to the inside of the slide with a small allen bolt.  You will need a long ball ended allen key to get in.  Once the bell crank and slide are separated then you can drop the needle  out.  Don't lose the shim.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Well i have to say the link above & the link you gave me are pretty poor when it comes to removing slides.

One kinda just skips past it altogether other than a full carb seperation & the other is for roundslides, which may not be the same process!

If i had ot guess, i'd say undo the allen bolt in top of cam, rotate throttle & hold slide up, then unhook pin from cam to slide & pull it out? 

But tbh it sounds too simple & i know there'll be summat fiddly i'll lose!

• Like 1
On 2/15/2016 at 6:54 PM, Crazylien said:

view?usp=docslist_apiHello does anyone know where to find an manual for the flatside mikuni carbs ? I need to set my needles . dont see how i could remove the needles to set them 

Have some pics of vm29ss .

carb_1.jpg

carb_2.jpg

carb_3.jpg

carb_4.jpg

carb_5.jpg

carb_6.jpg

carb_7.jpg

carb_8.jpg

carb_9.jpg

carb_10.jpg

carb_11.jpg

carb_12.jpg

carb_13.jpg

carb_14.jpg

carb_15.jpg

carb_16.jpg

carb_17.jpg

carb_18.jpg

Edited by Romaz750R
  • Like 1

After much fuckery i managed to get No3 carb slide apart.

For info you cannot get the slide out without pulling the whole bank apart, but yes you can (barely) separate the cam & slide for needle removal.

And here we have old & new needles, Gen from Robinsons but no idea what were in it?

Now to attempt reassembly & then onto the others ;) 

101796546_353445878960444_3309848119243440128_n.jpg

• Like 1