Went on the dyno and...

...the clutch shat itself...

Basicly it was making more power everywhere and boostcontrol was MUCH better so all seemed well whilst we were slowly upping the boost and adjusting the fuelling to suit...BUT (there's alway's one, isn't there?) the clutch decided to let go...

And not just any clutch: A Hayes convertible clutch...it sheared the cover of the basket, ripping the basket and smashing the plates whilst at it so won't be a cheap fix then...

Properly gutted BUT (See? There really always is one!) very pleased I was right with regards to the exhaustmanifold and linkpipe!

21 hours ago, Stephtell said:

...the clutch shat itself...

Basicly it was making more power everywhere and boostcontrol was MUCH better so all seemed well whilst we were slowly upping the boost and adjusting the fuelling to suit...BUT (there's alway's one, isn't there?) the clutch decided to let go...

And not just any clutch: A Hayes convertible clutch...it sheared the cover of the basket, ripping the basket and smashing the plates whilst at it so won't be a cheap fix then...

Properly gutted BUT (See? There really always is one!) very pleased I was right with regards to the exhaustmanifold and linkpipe!

OOOOh Bad News ..what set up was this on ?

Oh dear....engine out job then...hmmm...will have a little think of how to proceed then....was thinking to not take the engine apart for a while and then upgrade to larger capacity as well but I don't fancy shelling out for a new engine just yet...

What is big power by the way? The aim and probabillity here is 300 ATW...too much?

8 minutes ago, Stephtell said:

What is big power by the way? The aim and probabillity here is 300 ATW...too much?

Well the GSXR1100F was more of a lower power budget tourer style bike hence the helical gears and only 34mm carbs ...as opposed to the GSXR 1100 K , L and on which were sports bikes 36MM 38MM and later 40MM carbs all having straight cuts ......the B12 got straight cuts by virtue of being a K ,L motor with more cc but less punch in the cam dept.. 

If it helps I have a B12 crank that needs a regrind on one BE journal and I,m sure I have the matching clutch basket....

Big Power well 300 is a big hope on helical's IMHO ..... I put Straight cuts in my poxey 200 BHP air cooled motor

Pretty sure an F engine is capable off withstanding massive power.

My slabby did 240 nm off torgue nothing exploded for three years and this was with standard basket.

Thing is it wears faster i didnt split the cases from that engine but i bet the alloy half moon shims between the crank and cases are fubarred.

btw i was warned for this but i took it for granted.

8 hours ago, Stephtell said:

Crap...the engine is sweet as a nut so it would be a real shame to take it apart...unless I up the capacity whilst I'm at it...!

You don't have to pull the top end off to swap the crank.....splitting the cases to do the bottom end is a days work........

Can I ask why you opted for the Hays Convertible Clutch ?