When N/A is not enough

I pulled the MLS down to 35lb ft...which is 5lb over stock spec...

going to get the head licked to be 100% sure its flat..:tu."which will mean sums and  C/R adjustments :S"

May have to sell a H-Light to fund studs and new gasket....:o

"5lb over stock", Thats why the gasket failed, the stock suzuki studs are a precision machined items, (unlike APE junk) torque as per  Suzuki spec's no more, When you give them extra lb you exceed the design parameter's.` In my garage I have two oil cooled turbo bikes, one has std studs the other APE, guess which bike has a oil weep?, yep the APE head studs are the problem! Both bikes have been on the road some time, seeing up to 20psi, the APE studs will at some point be removed and chucked in the bin, utter garbage........

Not wanting to get into a pissing contest but that's the first time I've ever heard anyone call stock studs 'precision machined items' - If your lucky they are forgings with a rolled thread so hardly a precision operation! Clamping pressure comes down to area and torque - APE studs and the stupidly thick bolts used in Busa motors these days have probably 50% greater cross sectional area each step - stock GSXR - APE GSXR - APE Busa allowing respectively greater torque to be applied to the nut / stud combination! Not unheard of busa's with 6-700hp @ 2.5 bar boost using 90+ ftlb torque figures to survive!

• Like 2

Right done some proper measuring."cant do the dome without removing motor or jacking it up at stupid angle so used 10cc as mentioned else-ware"...9_9 and used two different calculators to get the static C/R

5a89866bb983f_CompressionCalculator_1.thumb.jpg.1f57ba4342515c636963291b12dab78c.jpg

5a89867bba700_CompressionCalculator_2.thumb.jpg.c02e321637b62d7754ff6c284c4090d1.jpg

don't believe 5lb over on the 5hite forged studs sorry "precision machined items" was issue as they still had the same lbs on when I removed....

Not had chance to clean up head and check surface......and speaking to a few peeps the unlucky bad gasket has been mentioned"

Still onwards and upwards we now what the C/R was....and I still have 4.5 gallons off race fuel to burn....

:v

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 1

Got me questioning myself now lol ill check one of my spare heads 2morrow lol

LoL

I,ve heard 2 different quotes the on Dot head being 22 / 23 cc........"THE ONE I HAD WAS 22cc" But that went to the gods yonks ago 

Cant measure the other 1100 head I have as its got no valves in......

But will measure the 1100k again...................may get an Adult to double check..................:pimp:

:v

Ok curiosity got the better of me so in true Archimedes Fashion :v got the bike up at stupid angle and measured the Bus Pistons recess....

Drum Roll Bish Bash Bosh Ta Daaaaaaaaaa and its,...................................8cc ..9_9

So can do some proper "Real World" 9_9 sums now..............:tu

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up new sticker  gasket ...

DSCN2351.thumb.JPG.e60cd6b0d8a53bfafe9ad5f32f6320e5.JPG

then after a complete freak cluster #uc# ended up pulling the motor out and splitting cases to retrieve it :S...

DSCN2354_zpsfuktlse2.thumb.JPG.20426bf4032d3eeb3ae724c019a8ee5a.JPG

So after the unscheduled trip onto the bench...The motor is now 3/4 back together and back in the frame..:).needing just the clutch and wizzy bang system refitting...9_9

Edited by Duckndive
  • 1 month later...