Original slabby exhaust question

Boogieman

Hi,

I have an 1127 in a slabby and was giving it a tidy up recently. Upon finishing and giving it a run, I noticed the exhausts leaked at the head slightly.  It was leaking badly prior to this so I fitted new gaskets. 

I looked at the online parts catalogue and noticed I'm missing the exhaust plates (Item 5 in this figure)

4901EE21-5700-4210-8079-3AB9DA0B7BBD_1.p

I ordered them and they look like a restrictor -

B78647EE-B71C-4AE3-B7FF-7C291981376E.jpg

because of this I'm not keen to fit them but may need to add something else to take up the space to get it to seal  

does anyone know why these are fitted?

cheers

Thanks for the replies. 

Theyre only about 1mm thick so I also think they shouldn't make a difference. I had considered a second row of gaskets but genuine  are $40 per set set and I thought I was doing the right thing buying the bits on the parts list. 

Its odd that they are stocked in Oz and they're on the Oz parts list if they are only for those 3 countries. 

I might remove it and see if it's crushing the gaskets and reassess then.

thanks for the input  

9 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Hi,

I have an 1127 in a slabby and was giving it a tidy up recently. Upon finishing and giving it a run, I noticed the exhausts leaked at the head slightly.  It was leaking badly prior to this so I fitted new gaskets. 

I looked at the online parts catalogue and noticed I'm missing the exhaust plates (Item 5 in this figure)

4901EE21-5700-4210-8079-3AB9DA0B7BBD_1.p

I ordered them and they look like a restrictor -

B78647EE-B71C-4AE3-B7FF-7C291981376E.jpg

because of this I'm not keen to fit them but may need to add something else to take up the space to get it to seal  

does anyone know why these are fitted?

cheers

Those are deffo restrictor washers was always taking them out on bikes that came in for first service.