MotoMartin spine frame GsxR1127cc engine

yann7/11r

4 hours ago, dupersunc said:

I have a hot 1216 motor, a set of Dymags, a frame jig, and a piece of 120mm diameter 4130 cro-mo tube for the the spine. I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the workshop this winter....

I thought that you said at some point that you were building a jig. Hmmm, must stop over for a chat one day.

B|

On 23/10/2016 at 3:24 AM, dupersunc said:

I have a hot 1216 motor, a set of Dymags, a frame jig, and a piece of 120mm diameter 4130 cro-mo tube for the the spine. I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the workshop this winter....

And now you have the Egli drawings for the old 750SOHC frame....

Eglidrawings.jpg

• Like 5
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:42 PM, Gammaboy said:

And now you have the Egli drawings for the old 750SOHC frame....

Eglidrawings.jpg

Already got that, and my own drawings with more modern geometry, fork, tyre sizes, though that was based on a TR1 engine. Doh. 

DSC01295.jpg

Edited by vizman
  • Like 3
  • 5 months later...

Hi all !
i've made some little adjustments on the bike during winter months.
Target was to have some opportunities during summer for some track day with my friends. Unfortunately the majority from the targeted events were cancelled. Don't ask...
Even if i've always try to maintain the bike, some work was necessary.I want to have something clean (not too much/without have to cry in case of scratched paint...) and i don't have lot of money to spend. So like alway..i've done it myself. 
Lot of the bike was (another time) dissassembled. Something you must know, is the fact that for a tappet adjustment you need to take the complete bike apart...due to the positionment of the spine frame, engine must be removed. For do that, you need to remove front fork, suspension and swingarm...
and then only... with some good help, you can lift the frame with a savant move (cause it's very tight...) Same must be done for remontage.If i need to do that for a simple tappet adjustment, i take this "opportunities" for do the rest of the maintenance... 
This is the result.

I've assembled this bike since more than a decade and half yet. Look always pleased to run.
Something special is going to happen next month. The SRC. And as i say it here : http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/forums/index.php?/topic/4993-sunday-ride-classic-1516-april-le-castellet-france/#comment-55295   i will be there with my bike. Never rode on this track. Will be exciting, i think. Place is located 1200kms from home. So it's a sort of challenge cause Car/trailer/wife are all coming with me... (y)

yann7_11R MotoMartinspine frame 03_2017DSC_0025 (1).JPG

• Like 15

Finaly find a little time for send some pictures from the last event.
If i can say...don't hesitate... GO SOUTH !!! 
In the last period, wheater in my usual aera (west France) is like a big dark cloud charged in water just able to drowned you each time you decided to have a run...
Nothing to see with the sun we have during all the w-end.
Of course, much better to feel confident with the tyres...

DSC_6184.jpg

Go SOUTH !!! Le Beausset DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0018.jpg

IMG_20170425_211729_321.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

• Like 7
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Flippin excellent, that bloke on the repsol firebucket didnt like being overtaken did he!!:D:D:D

Brilliant,!!!! what a laugh:tu:tu

how far is that track from the channel???

:P 

Le castellet is the name from "the Paul Ricard" race track. It's south of France.

From my location, i've 1200 kms...from Calais, it's something like 1100kms.

6 hours ago, Mar71n said:

Looks like a good event, bike went well on track. I did a lap two up on a pit bike on the old lay out, took a long time :)

(y)  Mar71n

Of course, i can't be really pleased from my ride quality. The Bike perform much better than i actually can...Nothing to see with Mike "Spike" Edwards in term of job !!!:P
Anyway that was not the target. If you're going on this kind of event with a mentality style "mine is bigger than yours"...all the chance are with you for having a very bad expérience...O.o
I'll try to be stronger next year. Better drive, better final demultiplication (1 or 2 teeths less ?) lighter bike (in road setup today)

• Like 1