MotoMartin spine frame GsxR1127cc engine

yann7/11r

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So...Even if i've tempted to adopt some good resolutions for 2020 and changing nothing on the bike, it's seems difficult  resist doing some (little !) improvment.

I decided to fix an old exhaust can and try to mount this one. Lot of weld work, but i'm satisfied with the result.

Result. This is my Winter pic.

20200202_162417.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/21/2016 at 10:55 AM, yann7/11r said:

HI to all OSS !

Ok ! Today, i've find the proof that i'm not the only one to have explored this (dark)way... the wedding from an GsxR engine & a spine frame . I find this picture on Face"thing". This one has a lot of similarity with mine...but that's not mine ! Apparently lot of first choice parts. Interested to know who's assembled this one, i've, with the help of some friends, find that this bike is no MotoMartin, but a RAU ( Well know German builder). 

Gave me some idea for the futur...

14095772_969538896478645_3504159623150173306_n.jpg

Is that a dry clutch replica? How hard is to put it on the GSXF engine, I'm using the same engine on a 82 GSX750

Potrebbe essere un'immagine raffigurante motocicletta

Pic referred (the one with dry clutch) wasn't my realisation.  Question at the time was...if someone knows the bike. Respons It's a RAU, in fact.

Mine is a MotoMartin for memory.

I'm not interested by a dry clutch.

Mods for a such thing need the specific dry clutch shaft. Not the GsxF 1100 one. Expensive parts that every want could be a good thing... for someone motived for a refab series. In some years this will hapen, obviously .

On 3/18/2021 at 8:39 PM, yann7/11r said:

Pic referred (the one with dry clutch) wasn't my realisation.  Question at the time was...if someone knows the bike. Respons It's a RAU, in fact.

Mine is a MotoMartin for memory.

I'm not interested by a dry clutch.

Mods for a such thing need the specific dry clutch shaft. Not the GsxF 1100 one. Expensive parts that every want could be a good thing... for someone motived for a refab series. In some years this will hapen, obviously .

Moto Junkie reproducing them in Japan, however they're horrendously expensive, almost as pricey as the original Suzuki ones (which you can't get plates for).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 2:22 PM, Gammaboy said:

Moto Junkie reproducing them in Japan, however they're horrendously expensive, almost as pricey as the original Suzuki ones (which you can't get plates for).

EBC do a dry clutch plate kit for the 86’ LTD for bout £250 or so. 

I will be installing one of my dry clutch kits later in the year on my track bike and testing the EBC plate kit to see if it’s up to the test....we shall soon see. 

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

Hi all.

After another winter...and some works on the bike, i was finaly abble to change the front discs to install a  Beringer iron pair and a tiny Baudoin rear caliper (ex GMT94 bike).

Multitude other job done but can't be see on this pic...

Anyway...this will be another year "without" cause nothing is planned concerning a possible track day or something similar.

IMG_20220515_153231_333.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...