bandit really that bland?

p4ddy

As per title. I rode my mates 1200 and it seemed good to me. Ok I didn't thrash it or anything but I could feel it's potential. I would say the modern bandits are deffo well bland but the original can be quite nice, fbob is one example. Is it really worthy of it's 'blandit' moniker ?

As per title. I rode my mates 1200 and it seemed good to me. Ok I didn't thrash it or anything but I could feel it's potential. I would say the modern bandits are deffo well bland but the original can be quite nice, fbob is one example. Is it really worthy of it's 'blandit' moniker ?

great allrounders, I like the K series (had a couple, still keep a k4 as a work bike) but lack any character imho, hence so many are modified

Well if the forums are gonna be named attempted petty offensive titles to bikes then why don't we have sh*tty slingshots and wa*ky watercooled!

or change the whole forum name to old skool sh*te...

If your gonna try and be offensive you've gotta do it to everyone!

• Like 1

I liked my Mk1 bought new in '98 did everything it was supposed to quite blandly. Watched it disappear back the way I'd just come in a fire ball wedged under the front of a Transit Pickup as I was picking myself up off the road. I'd put 42,000 miles on it in 5 months with TNT. Replaced it with a new Pan, now that really was bland, better at the job though...

Wait 20 or 30 years though and old farts will be going all misty eyed over them.

Misty eyed? It's probably just the hay fever. But imagine the emotional flood gates opening when said misty eyed codger spies a pristine GS, GSX, slabby of slingy?

I bought a 1200 Bandit a few years back, when I went to see it the seller was a little shocked when i told him wasn't really interested in the bike, just the engine, carbs and a few of the electrics. It was in really good condition, but I never rode it, just ran the engine for a while. It was broken up a few days later, engine went into one of my Kats and the rest went on Eblag.

Never thought of them as bland though, just unexciting to look at.

I bought a 1200 Bandit a few years back, when I went to see it the seller was a little shocked when i told him wasn't really interested in the bike, just the engine, carbs and a few of the electrics. It was in really good condition, but I never rode it, just ran the engine for a while. It was broken up a few days later, engine went into one of my Kats and the rest went on Eblag.

Never thought of them as bland though, just unexciting to look at.

Ash this made me chuckle. The definition of Bland is: "unexciting  to look at". So I guess you did find it bland:D

Bland.JPG

Edited by KATANAMANGLER
  • Like 1