Turbo back tyre life?

Dr Jon

Just curious, but how long do you turbo nutters get out of a back tyre? I'm guessing you must leave a line of black rubber behind you wherever you go, like a slug trail :-))

You probably all too busy laughing your heads off to give a shit how long your back tyre lasts, and anyway it's not like you'd ever need to buy a front tyre, don't touch the ground long enough to wear out, but I was just curious. Bet you can kill a good tyre in a 1000 miles of dry summer roads easy huh? If not, you should probably try a bit harder.

Baaaaa, tyre life really? Well as your asking chief I ran my turbo slabbie with new tyre  and coverd like,1500 miles and still had plenty left ,210bhp yes they do muller the middle out but dual compounds help, Diablo coarse or and busa/zx14 type tyre will do. And so much so still have it and using it on my new mock up. Don't worry just smoke it baby.

Haha, yeh reckon I that's what I expected to hear. Actually Vizman, if you're getting 3000 miled out of a back tyre you should be ashamed of yourself, must be riding in the rain or something keeping the rubber cool :-)

Gixer1460....."melted on the dyno", hahafukinell, that's the way, that kudos is worth the price of a new back tyre any day of the week. My 1000RX broke the chain driving the flywheel on the dyno at the Builth Bike show once, classic. Mind you, the bike wasn't that powerful, his chain must have been on its last legs but still looked pretty good standing round telling everyone how my scabby mattblack scumbag bike just broke the dyno, ha.

• 3 weeks later...