GSX 750 ES Engine Upgrades

Would of thought your best bet would be the 810 kit if they still do it? and a good porting job.

Though i wonder if you could fit a gsxr750 head? seeing as you can fit the gsxr1100 head to the 1100 air cooled lump.

Defo more fun than going the easy but dull route of fitting a different engine.

thanks for the advice, I didn't really know what you meant about the cams but did a bit of reading and all makes sense now. That is a good idea, I might get some OEM cams and get them worked on to get a bit more lift to the larger capacity. appreciate the help.

Yes, will be running a custom stainless exhaust. will be building this at a much later stage though, still sourcing parts for the engine. The donor bike has 90K km on it. Don't want to take a chance.

45 minutes ago, BananaSplit said:

thanks for the advice, I didn't really know what you meant about the cams but did a bit of reading and all makes sense now. That is a good idea, I might get some OEM cams and get them worked on to get a bit more lift to the larger capacity. appreciate the help.

Yes, will be running a custom stainless exhaust. will be building this at a much later stage though, still sourcing parts for the engine. The donor bike has 90K km on it. Don't want to take a chance.

With that miles on it have the crank check out because the extra power with the big bore will put more stran on it and if it's got wear on it it will show up.

Also if you need clutch plates use OEM as they are the best, DON'T use EBC they are cheep for a reason.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wraith said:

With that miles on it have the crank check out because the extra power with the big bore will put more stran on it and if it's got wear on it it will show up.

Also if you need clutch plates use OEM as they are the best, DON'T use EBC they are cheep for a reason.

thanks so much, this is the kind of advice I was hoping for from here, this good that bad etc, since this is the first time I'm doing this. Clutch plates are on the list. So are valve springs and basically all the bearings on the whole bike ha! I always try to track down OEM, I just hope they are still in supply in some corner of the interweb.

I'm really hoping the crank is in good state, Still haven't pulled anything apart yet, trying to get it registered before we break it down to avoid the hassle of explaining why the bike doesn't look stock. Looking for a crank will be a real bitch...

thanks for that!

on the same note, anyone here know of any worthwhile cam chain swaps? I don't want to go through the trouble of finding new new gears as such unless there is a tried and true alternative. I initially read that the bike had a HY-VO chain, but the writer must have made a mistake, it doesn't. DID make a OEM chain, but was curious what was involved in using either a silent or HY-VO.

Any advice? Should I just stick with the OEM?

If the cam chain is getting to the point that it needs replacing, you could just get a split link cam chain but depending on miles on the clock I'd be thinking about a complete engine strip and think/look and fitting new cam chain blades/guides (front and rear) D.I.D are a good replacement chain but if you're stripping the engine get a end less chain.

• Like 1

ye stripping the whole thing. I will see if I can track down the chain guides as well. They might be harder to find.

I think the D.I.D chain is endless. Though is doesn't specifically say so, they do quote the original OEM number, and the OEM would be endless. It also says you can purchase a master link separately if you need to separate the chain. Safe to assume it is endless I would think. Shame, I was hyped for a HY-VO chain ha!

its a D.I.D 219FHT Bush Chain - for reference