The ET.

Not really a project as such, so this seemed the best place for it.

Took the ET out this morning to confirm the oil leak was all sorted and bed in the new pads a bit. It's the first reall run it's had since I fitted the big bore (1168) kit and the Upperton big valve ported head. The combo has made a noticeable difference to the torque, with a reasonable power increase.

However, with the stock carbs, exhaust, brakes and suspension it's mostly a waste of good kit. I fitted them purely because they were there and it saved me getting the original barrels bored when I discovered water damage in one cyl. So a quick way to have it mobile again and it also gives me the chance to run in all the good stuff ready for when it's fitted to a more suitable set up.

This winter I'll have the top end off of it to use with the rest of the Upperton engine in the 'throw back' project. I have plenty of engines, barrels and heads to make up a good top end and return it to stock. Or, I can get another set of pistons and have it bored out so that it's 1168 but without the head work. Either way it won't be the waste of potential it is as it stands.

20230527_093654.thumb.jpg.bfdecff52c27d5049e844eb090fe4e46.jpg

• Like 8