GS750, Cam Chain Replacement.

So I should have replaced this earlier, decided to do it now.

A few questions

Do I need to remove cams?   Can I just remove tensioner and guide? 

Do chains come the correct length?   Do I need to shorten them to fit?

Have I missed anything?

Thank you.

Think about what you are proposing! If you leave the cams in they will not be rotating. At any point one or two valves will be opening / off their seats / closing. To feed the chain in you MUST rotate the crankshaft. Doing so, risks driving the pistons into open valves and bending them!

Still want to leave the cams insitu?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, bob654 said:
4 hours ago, bob654 said:

I'm not putting an endless chain on.  I have a manual , I will have a look later. Thought there may be a way of doing this without unclamping the cams, just taking off the bridge?

Good advice from say what now!?. I would add, get a mate, or your lass to help feed the new chain in/remove old one while you’re turning the crank.  Lot easier than doing it on your own. Also bear in mind, if you don’t keep both ends of the chain tight during the process, you could end up with a loop of chain under the crank sprocket. Then you’ll be calling your supplier all sorts for sending you the wrong chain! Just take your time. 

56 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Think about what you are proposing! If you leave the cams in they will not be rotating. At any point one or two valves will be opening / off their seats / closing. To feed the chain in you MUST rotate the crankshaft. Doing so, risks driving the pistons into open valves and bending them!

Still want to leave the cams insitu?

Thank you. The 750 is a non interference fit isn't it?