Should this hole be blocked off?

4 hours ago, george 1100 said:

Maybe it became an issue so on the later 750, they re-engineered it. Every photo I've seen of 85_86 cases has a hole 

I don`t think so , since oil sub gallery is directly connected to the oil main gallery , you can clearly see that from the engine lubrication system chart from the original Suzuki GSXR-750 (FGH) service manual ,where oil sub gallery is supplied with pressurized oil which serve for cooling of the engine pistons via four plunger and associated nozzles ,so good oil sealing  both for left and right side is very important ,

btw ,later GSXR models both 750 & 1100 crankcases are redesigned and simplified and don`t have that oil sub-gallery any more , but only oil main gallery.

Engine Lubrication Chart.jpg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Losiu said:

Can you tell me what engine it is for? This is a new crankcase to buy for quite decent money.

Unfortunately, the seller does not know the destination. It also has to water cooled (GSXR and RF).

prod_6019022_3_39a098eb3_large.jpg

Maybe if you include the serial number and a photo of the other side. It's grey so probably a GSXR engine, but can't tell much beyond that.

On 5/10/2023 at 2:47 AM, Upshotknothole said:

Maybe if you include the serial number and a photo of the other side. It's grey so probably a GSXR engine, but can't tell much beyond that.

If there was even the beginning of the number, I wouldn't ask the question :) The number field is simply empty. A small hole for the starter suggests that it is not 1127. Some 750, or maybe 1052

7.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by Losiu
pics
18 hours ago, Losiu said:

If there was even the beginning of the number, I wouldn't ask the question :) The number field is simply empty. A small hole for the starter suggests that it is not 1127. Some 750, or maybe 1052

7.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

I’m gonna guess 749 GSXR engine based on the shape around the starter motor. I don’t have any 748 cases at home to compare, but it’s not an 1127. Most of the F and bandit engines were black or silver, so that eliminates 600s. Hope that helps. 

Edited by Upshotknothole
600s