New member, slabside experts needed

Wobblyone

Hi guys , I can’t find the info looking through the site so hopefully someone can help  here .  My first big bike at 18 was a 85 slab 750 and I loved it and Suzukis ever since , I always wanted a 1100 slabside  but never got round to it , like many of us “older” bikers we like to relive our youth and I’m no different , I have modern bikes but still when ever I see a forgotten era classic race with old gsxrs I keep telling myself I’ll get one , unfortunately the price of slabbies has gone way above my budget these days ….until today !!! I’ve just bought a 1100 rolling chassis for sensible money and can finally build my dream , a race inspired 1100 ,  so in my first long list of queries I’m sure to have , could you help guys ?  I’m looking at a donor bike and value wise and hp wise the gsx1100F the early 90s power screen tourer looks very much a good option in comparison to a bandit etc ……so will one of these fit in without much modification?  Also any recommendations on upgrades if this motor fits Carbs cans etc or do they not need it ?   Also who makes the nicest race bodywork and fairing brackets etc ? Thanks in advance and I hope to get to know u guys in the coming months  cheers wobbly 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, gsxwill said:

Powerscreen are cheap at the moment so if you pick up a runner you can cut down its loom and save a few pennies, you will be surprised what is still out there on dodgybay, facache and other local sites :)

Yea I missed a really tidy cheap power screen the other day ( so they are a direct fit mate ? 

1 hour ago, Wobblyone said:

Hi Toni, the 1100 power screen motor ? 1127? I know the teapot as the 600/750 bikes , Is the 1100f known as the t pot too ? Cheers sir 

Tea pot = GSXF 6 / 7

Powerscreen = 1100F 

(Well, to me anyway) 

Teapot name refers to the shape, bulbous rounded main bodywork and the spout as the tail, doesn’t really fit the 1100. 

What Slabbie roller is it? G, H, J ? Any pics? 

Edited by Tony Nitrous

I'm under the impression that all the 600/750/1052/1127/1157 engines will swop the only difference being the 1052/1127/1157 engines are taller,and the bottom rear mount is a 12mm whereas the 600/750 is a 10mm ,I was corrected on a previous post by someone who said the 1052 had a 10mm rear bottom mount,but never having had one I can't say for sure,but if it does have a 10 mm mount then you only have to drill the mounting plate out or sleeve the engine mount with a length of metal tubing 12mm o/d 10mm internal

Edited by DAZ
Addition
  • Like 1

In stock trim a good 1100 Powerscreen engine will be about 20 bhp up on an equivalent Blandit 12 engine. It also has a multi-spring clutch as stock rather than the diaphram unit of the B12. The 1052 engine is a little shorter overall because it has a unique cam cover with an integral breather that apparently will not fit other heads due to the cam chain guide. The Powerscreen engine has helical primary drive gears so you have to use the generator (or gen gear) and the clutch from the Powerscreen because obviously units from engines with straight cut primary drives will not fit. The rear bottom engine mounts do differ in size, 1052 are 10mm, all other 11/12 engines are 12. This means the engine mounts on the frame will require enlarging or a sleeve fitted to the case. All oil cooled carbs are interchangeable but you may have to change the rubbers - see sticky at the top of the section. if you want to fit a slabby exhaust then you will have to use a slabby sump. You can then use the slabby oil cooler as the slabby take-offs are posiitioned differently to those on the 1127/1157 sumps.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Tony Nitrous said:

Tea pot = GSXF 6 / 7

Powerscreen = 1100F 

(Well, to me anyway) 

Teapot name refers to the shape, bulbous rounded main bodywork and the spout as the tail, doesn’t really fit the 1100. 

What Slabbie roller is it? G, H, J ? Any pics? 

It’s a 1100g mate , it’s got later 17” wheels in it but just a basic roller atm . 

0BC8F053-C25A-4569-BF30-A91BE9B07588.jpeg

4F7212CB-3A45-4052-A097-FB356E0FC122.jpeg

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Wobblyone said:

It’s a 1100g mate , it’s got later 17” wheels in it but just a basic roller atm . 

0BC8F053-C25A-4569-BF30-A91BE9B07588.jpeg

4F7212CB-3A45-4052-A097-FB356E0FC122.jpeg

Nice. A good start. I have something similar that I stashed away (along with a 99 Bandit 12) for a future build but life and several other projects are in front of it.  I hope you keep updating the build on here, it’s interesting and I need the motivation. 

8 hours ago, Dezza said:

In stock trim a good 1100 Powerscreen engine will be about 20 bhp up on an equivalent Blandit 12 engine. It also has a multi-spring clutch as stock rather than the diaphram unit of the B12. The 1052 engine is a little shorter overall because it has a unique cam cover with an integral breather that apparently will not fit other heads due to the cam chain guide. The Powerscreen engine has helical primary drive gears so you have to use the generator (or gen gear) and the clutch from the Powerscreen because obviously units from engines with straight cut primary drives will not fit. The rear bottom engine mounts do differ in size, 1052 are 10mm, all other 11/12 engines are 12. This means the engine mounts on the frame will require enlarging or a sleeve fitted to the case. All oil cooled carbs are interchangeable but you may have to change the rubbers - see sticky at the top of the section. if you want to fit a slabby exhaust then you will have to use a slabby sump. You can then use the slabby oil cooler as the slabby take-offs are posiitioned differently to those on the 1127/1157 sumps.

23 minutes ago, Tony Nitrous said:

How the hell do I reply without “quote” function )) I’m confused )) I’m on a phone not pc , btw yea I’ll keep u updated , but tbh it’s going to just be a parts gathering exercise until winter . 

All good. Same here. Even though my older bike projects haven’t got much attention recently I’ve still picked up stuff to squirrel away ready. 

Does your phone not have the black box at the bottom of the thread saying 

"Reply to this topic"

if not I've no idea

How the hell do I reply without “quote” function )) I’m confused )) I’m on a phone not pc , btw yea I’ll keep u updated , but tbh it’s going to just be a parts gathering exercise until winter . 

Welcome to OSS (y)

Good start with the bike etc. As to the quote bit xD can be a pain if you hit the quote button by mistake, all I've found is you need to go back onto the main section, then return to you post, when you then press the reply to topic button at the bottom it will come up with keep or clear edit post, press the edit/clear and it will then remove the quote from that reply. 

If anyone knows better or other way please step in :D

If you haven't yet have a look through the project section, lots of great builds in there and lots of food for thought ;)

3 minutes ago, wraith said:

Welcome to OSS (y)

Thank u buddy , yea I’ll check out builds ,  I’m excited to do this although it’s going to be a winter thing , need to start planning and collecting parts etc.  btw anyone know someone who can save tanks ? Mines got bits of the bottom with pin holes and rot ( 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, wraith said:

Welcome to OSS (y)

Thank u buddy , yea I’ll check out builds ,  I’m excited to do this although it’s going to be a winter thing , need to start planning and collecting parts etc.  btw anyone know someone who can save tanks ? Mines got bits of the bottom with pin holes and rot ( 

• Like 1