Carb Float pin 1100f

Jeb

Can you post a pic? The 1100f (powerscreen) has BST34 carbs, which are basically the same as GSXR1100 slabby 'tintop' carbs (apart from a few minor differences). The floats are held in on plastic 'cages' that pull out from an o'ring with a bit of careful wriggling. Removing a pin as for BS carbs used on aircooled bikes should not be necesssary. As for anything (especially carbs) before twatting something with a hammer think carefully and give whatever is not supposed to move a lot of support or else it may all go tits-up.

Try a small pair of pipe pliers. If the pin is protruding slightly you can then force the pin back very slightly creating a gap between the pin and the carb post at the other side. If you do this, then you can sometimes get a strong blade in the gap to begin to force the pin out without using a punch. If this does not work, use a fine punch supporting the carb post at the end you're hitting. Doing this can be very awkward but don't be tempted to just wack it or the post will snap.

Thanks...I think I'm going to give up on replacing the needle valve, the carbs dont leak anyway and I'm not going to risk snapping a post....on all of the other bikes I've owned the pin has always slid out no probs...nevermind