n00b Project GSXR 750

darkness

Hey folks. bit of a newbie here. Based in New Zealand. Have just started a project that I will hopefully be using this forum to get info for. 

I received an 86 GSXR 750 recently as a project bike from a good friend. Needs a fair amount of TLC to get it looking nice, but at least it runs. Here's a quick rundown. No bodywork other than the tank. It's been over-bored and is running high-comp pistons. Currently I am disassembling it, as I'm going to rebuild it from the frame up, replacing things that are needed as I go. Even though it runs, the engine will need to be opened as my friend says we can't trust the tolerances on the last rebuild. 

There will be other decisions to make. Like do I switch to the 17 inch wheels from the 18's, what bodywork do I want to try and source, etc. It's a long term project, so no rush, and it's my first bike rebuild. 

A couple pics:

2015-10-31%2B12.49.21.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OMnQ9CEcSAE/VpAbTzadsfI/AAAAAAAAAVU/805vPAgND_0/s1600/2016-01-07%2B16.18.35.jpg

Edited by darkness
more info