Custom brake line source?

Elimax

Hi all:

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Question for you:

Have any of you ever used a company that makes custom-length hydraulic brake lines with fittings to mount on master cylinders and calipers?  I'm having a hard time finding a good, reputable company to do this.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks very much.

Elimax

1 hour ago, Elimax said:

Hi all:

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Question for you:

Have any of you ever used a company that makes custom-length hydraulic brake lines with fittings to mount on master cylinders and calipers?  I'm having a hard time finding a good, reputable company to do this.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks very much.

Elimax

Seek and Ye Will Find :tu

• Like 3

Can you find anyone selling secondhand hoses? This is very common in the UK and they can often be bought cheap. If you find hose sets with Earls or Goodridge (or similar) re-usuable fittings (preferably stainless) then often all you'll need to make custom lines is some braided hose and a few olives. New, Earls and Goodridge fittings are expensive but you can often get them secondhand for a fraction of the new price.

• Like 1

Earl's / Goodridge and similar -3 brake hose fittings use a metal olive (see pic) that goes over the end of the inner part (plastic) of the hose. The hose is covered in braided stainless steel. The olives should be renewed when the fitting is removed and then reused and are available seperately. You can buy the braided hose by the metre.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation.  I've never been a fan of Hardley Ableson's.  I have ridden them, I just don't get it. 

I have purchased a set of Galfer steel Braided lines for my ZZR1200, and will be purchasing another set for my '84 GS750ES, as I am putting the TOKICO brakes on the 1150 front end, which is going on the GS750ES, with the appropriate rotors. It's hard to get brake lines made around here.  It wasn't 5 years ago.  :)

3 hours ago, bitzz said:

...jus so ya know: Harley's have Brembo brakes.

Russell makes universal hoses, with threaded ends which makes them easier to customize. Pick the hose length and which ends you need, and they're made in USA

Ive use Russell a few times. Same company that make edelbrok stuff. Choose what angle ends you need and hose length and just thread together.