Harris exhausts.

imago

25 minutes ago, imago said:

Just thought I'd mention it as they get talked about on here fairly often. There's a couple being sold together on Eblag in usable/reasonable condition, item number  185829226463

Nothing to do with me, spotted them looking for some other bits.

yeah saw them, will need some TLC though :/

2 hours ago, DAZ said:

I thought Norman Hyde was making them a little while ago so probably has the jigs, maybe they'd make a small batch to order if you air cooled chaps could organise something, just a thought :tu

They had a few issues and moved production to Italy about 5 years ago, aiming more at later models.  Don’t think Norman Hyde had the jigs as they were previously using a different supplier who they were less than happy with so I’m not sure who has the jigs or if they have the rights to production. 

EDIT to add pic / info.

9CD6C3EC-CF0C-4D6B-941E-8B6AEC017B09.jpeg

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • Like 2

Exhaustcraft (Whitehaven) do a nice replica Harris in stainless. Original Harris pipes were made of very thin mild steel (they're pretty lightweight) and the original plating wasn't that brilliant. There were sections that remained bare metal. The bit around the collector is the first bit to rust on a used system. They fit really well though and always performed well in magazine dyno comparisons of diffierent systems on the same bike. I have an almost brand new system in black chrome for a Magnum 2 with a GSX1100 engine and it has suffered from slight pitting all over even though it's been covered in oil for the last 20 years.

Edited by Dezza