More HP (oomph)! For GSX600F

RUPE

Cheepest way as above, get a gsxr/gsxf1127 or a 1052 or a b12 put that in your 600 frame (y) been done on here a though times, so the info is in here somewhere. 

You could get some 1052 pistons and bore sleeves fit them to your 600 barrels but that's going to cost. You'd also need a 750 head etc etc etc

Most people when they say they want more power, really mean they want more low end/midrange torque , a 600, IF you managed to tune it to 100 rwhp would be a peaky thing that has a power band like a light switch, on or off, a stock bandit 1200 motor, again 100 rwhp is a tsunami of grunty torque in comparison ,why because, hp is a mathematical construct of torque and rpm, and when it comes to torque there are generally 3 ways to get it :-

rpm, 600cc rev it to the moon.    ,edit: this doesn't make more torque only hp as this is a mathematical construct of torque and rpm

Displacement bigger is better,

Forced induction at 1 bar boost you try to double the capacity of an engine by packing 2 atmospheres of pressure in, instead of one atmosphere normally aspirated

Edited by DAZ
Correction
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Fit a turbo :D

No argument here Clive ,as I say 1 bar boost makes your 1216 feel like 2432 ,so how much torque +hp does the scratcher have ? 250hp give or take and about 170 lb/ft give or take I'd reckon at 1 bar that would open your eyes and stretch yer arms B|

Thank you all!!!…I’m now thinking I should have got an 1100 (as I do prefer bigger lumps) but I should pull the rains in and stick to why I got it (work hack) and concentrate on up rating the front and back end…..but how easy does a 750 lump fit, use existing engine mounts , make new one?……..btw jugging by what I’ve seen of other peoples rides not sure I’ll post a pic of my buitsa scrap yard scratcher , maybe later…..

I have a 600f with an 1100f engine, would almost say "if I could do it..."

You have to consider also other exhaust and chainsprocket ratio. Your original brakes wont do the job the way they should en your original frontend is also not overrated :D

As others have said, there really isn’t much for those 600 lumps. They were the detuned small displacement version of an already detuned 750 engine. Keep an eye out for GSXF750 engines as they tend to be pretty cheap, and easy to swap GSXR cams into. Also upgrade that suspension and brakes on the 600F, they’re crap. 

Well thanks all for your ideas and advice, I have been checking engine spec and trolling internet for bits and found several gsx750f motors (thanks Upshotknothole) pretty cheap BUT last night while parked in my local B&Q and only in there for ten minutes some fucking scum bags nicked it!!!!! And police are hopeless….so back to square one TOTALLY GUTTED!!!….KEEP YOUR BIKES SAFE

Gutted  for you ,hopefully your insurance will pay you out ok don't accept their first offer if you've got pictures and receipts argue your point over its value ,and send adverts of what a replacement is going to cost 

On a plus side you can always replace it with a 750 or something else bigger than the 600 if you want to (y)

Edited by DAZ