Party Time at Chicken Central 12/13th August

Paulm

@clivegto has very kindly offered to host a party/get together at Chicken Central aka Clives farm in Pickering, Yorkshire. We are hoping we can sort a dyno day for the 12th as well at Allspeeds in Scarborough,if not a ride out and beer/barbecue in the evening,there's plenty of space to camp,park your van there or sleep with a lawnmower in the shed @Havoc:D.Having been to a similar thing at Clives it'll be a proper blastxD.It would be nice if people attending would contribute to the cost of the food for the barbecue. Clive also says we are welcome to arrive Friday and leave on Monday if we wish too.More news on the dyno day as we get it,either way it'll be a bloody good weekend.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

12/13 aug you say..... I might very well come over if I will be in NL then. Depends on many things though.

10 hours ago, Blubber said:

Very tempting.

Looking into options to get there.

( read the cheapest option ferry / train / etc )

Only 50 miles from the ferry at Hull :tu

4 hours ago, clivegto said:

Only 50 miles from the ferry at Hull :tu

Thanks, 

The Ferry options are: 
1) P&O is 365 euro ( Hoek of Holland to Hull ) 110km to get to the ferry, then 50 miles to Pickering.
2) Stena Line is 297 / 370 euro ( Hoek of Holland to Harwich ) 110km to get to the ferry, then 300 miles to Pickering.
3) DFDS ( IJmuiden to Newcastle ) 4km to the ferry, then 80miles tp Pickering but taking the piss at 1260 euro.:TB:

The above are a dearer due the fact i need to book a cabin at is is a overnight transfer.

Cheapest options - without a cabin - are the:

4) Stena line ( Dunkirk to Dover) is 116 euro -  340km to get to the ferry, then 300 miles to Pickering.

5) Irish ferries ( Calais to Dover ) is 94 euro -  375km to get to the ferry, then 300 miles to Pickering.

Will call around to try and get some deal on a overnight trip as that has my preference.

3 minutes ago, Blubber said:

Thanks, 

The Ferry options are: 
1) P&O is 365 euro ( Hoek of Holland to Hull ) 110km to get to the ferry, then 50 miles to Pickering.
2) Stena Line is 297 / 370 euro ( Hoek of Holland to Harwich ) 110km to get to the ferry, then 300 miles to Pickering.
3) DFDS ( IJmuiden to Newcastle ) 4km to the ferry, then 80miles tp Pickering but taking the piss at 1260 euro.:TB:

The above are a dearer due the fact i need to book a cabin at is is a overnight transfer.

Cheapest options - without a cabin - are the:

4) Stena line ( Dunkirk to Dover) is 116 euro -  340km to get to the ferry, then 300 miles to Pickering.

5) Irish ferries ( Calais to Dover ) is 94 euro -  375km to get to the ferry, then 300 miles to Pickering.

Will call around to try and get some deal on a overnight trip as that has my preference.

If you don't want/need to bring a bike, I know I know but hear me out. xD Check out flight prices to/from Birmingham as I can pick you up from the airport and drop you back there if you wanted to do it that way.

4 hours ago, imago said:

If you don't want/need to bring a bike, I know I know but hear me out. xD Check out flight prices to/from Birmingham as I can pick you up from the airport and drop you back there if you wanted to do it that way.

Thanks for the offer (y)

I am not exactly a " reference-man " xD 

At 203cm and 110kg i prefer my spacious EFE seat over a plane seat 

• Like 2