18 year wait but got one

OK then after wanting one for over 18 years and a couple of failed attempts to purchase one thanks to an OSS member I have finally purchased a big box  LoL

BIGBOX.thumb.JPG.60d002d9e4ffd6630c6e962cb68ec9e9.JPG

And all is revealed yes it’s a Sims & Rohm Kit  :banana:

Well Mostly it is as it was fitted to a drag bike so has been adapted etc

UNBOX.thumb.JPG.27216986f2718253f4d0c733c5f0bfa8.JPG

UNBOX_1.thumb.JPG.180027e7467559e1a7e3ff6797a21e41.JPG

Big Thanks To Quist for selling and shipping it to the UK :tu

TBC 

• Like 15
4 hours ago, imago said:

What's the plan for the nick in the rotor blade? It didn't look too bad in the photo.

The Photos make it look worse than it actually is TBH....but its not enough to worry about to not get it running 

However i will be stripping the blower to correct the rotation and do a mod to the outlet....so will have a better look then 

Long Term i may get the rotors telfon stripped to improve efficiency but doing that will also tighten the blower up so consequently it will be harder to drive "use more power" ...  

But initial game plan is to get it set up on a test mule 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

The Photos make it look worse than it actually is TBH....but its not enough to worry about to not get it running 

However i will be stripping the blower to correct the rotation and do a mod to the outlet....so will have a better look then 

Long Term i may get the rotors telfon stripped to improve efficiency but doing that will also tighten the blower up so consequently it will be harder to drive "use more power" ...  

But initial game plan is to get it set up on a test mule 

Good stuff, I guess it'll all come down to pressure when it's running and given how small that nick looked I doubt it'd make any noticeable difference. Looking forward to seeing this one develop. (y)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, jonny1bump said:

Clive next time you want some think washers let's get some sheet plasma, these were a complete pig to turn how the hell I agreed to that I never know. You gonna have fettle with file.

Thank you i honestly dint think about that :S

Its such good fit I really would not weld it, its gonna ping all over the shop, the boss really good alloy, the cover horrible stock soft cast rubbish.

I go for a specific bonding product thats capable with standing oil and say 150 oC or something.

I'm sure loctite must do something, there is real large area inside, you would be able to apply plenty and external see nothing.

20230709_163508.jpg

20230709_163503.jpg

20230709_163439.jpg

Edited by jonny1bump
  • Like 4