1979 GS 1000 torque link bolts and nuts

Diemaker88

As they are discontinued, a used old stock supply may be located after a couple of years (or not!) You could try a regular bolt supplier - https://www.accu.co.uk/84-socket-shoulder-screws?Material=Stainless+Steel+(A2)&Shoulder+Length+(L)=25mm%2C30mm%2C35mm&Thread+Size+(T)=M8+(8mm)&page=1 or maybe consider a HT regular bolt with an added sleeve to replicate the shouldered regular bolt. As the arm is designed to pivot on the shoulder (and wear a groove into it, as I remember!) if the sleeve span as well = less wear and easier to replace ?

25 minutes ago, Diemaker88 said:

Thanks for replies. Would anyone know the screw size and length? 

Do you want someone to fit them as well? Surely you can measure the width of the bracket and add 10mm for a nut and washer? BTW my recommendation above was ASSUMING a M8 bolt - it maybe M10 as I assumed you be aware!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Do you want someone to fit them as well? Surely you can measure the width of the bracket and add 10mm for a nut and washer? BTW my recommendation above was ASSUMING a M8 bolt - it maybe M10 as I assumed you be aware!

chill out man, it was an innocent question, if you dont know it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)  

• Like 3

Ok given a GS1000 is old but it is a founder member of the UJB as are for example Blandit,s 

So Think Outside the Box a little E,G  Items 18 and 19 

https://www.suzukiparts.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsf-bandit/gsf1200/gsf1200t-y-1996-2000-mk1-naked-and-faired.htm?vehicle_id=17#!gsf1200tyrearswinginarm

No idea if there the same side but a simple bit of measuring and you will find out :D

Edited by Duckndive
1 hour ago, Duckndive said:

Ok given a GS1000 is old but it is a founder member of the UJB as are for example Blandit,s 

So Think Outside the Box a little E,G  Items 18 and 19 

https://www.suzukiparts.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsf-bandit/gsf1200/gsf1200t-y-1996-2000-mk1-naked-and-faired.htm?vehicle_id=17#!gsf1200tyrearswinginarm

No idea if there the same side but a simple bit of measuring and you will find out :D

Good call - I only looked as far as the EFE's LOL! Bandit part numbers different (probably due to their bolts not being drilled for a split pin) but lengths appear to match!

Don't mention measurement ! ! ! xD

1 hour ago, Diemaker88 said:

Hey,  thanks again to everyone who answered graciously. Im not ashamed to ask. Btw Gixer1460. Your correct, I wouldn’t know anything about measuring. Im a Toolmaker by trade , so it does escape my abilities. Ill work on it before asking questions going forward. Thanks for the response. 

If I possessed your skills mate I'd just make everything myself.

My late uncle was a toolmaker at a local factory, I sure kept him busy. Was gutted when he died.:$