Carb hassle

Jeb

20230219_130752.thumb.jpg.bc654d247d7067549db7efe24dea20fd.jpg20230219_130714.thumb.jpg.44b5ca0f59e12b66f0559e84b65d6b4c.jpg20230219_130706.thumb.jpg.423452a21a8662b5761557a9fdc72c08.jpgHi all,

my 1100f wont run without the choke...I've checked pilots, they look clear but who knows,  float heights seem ok but I'm not sure if I'm measuring them right. The bike was running ok before I pulled the carbs off a few years back. Any thoughts , cheers 

Not saying this is right or wrong way - but its my way LOL Turn carbs right way up so float is drooping and hold them in a vice or suchlike to give two hands free. Then move float up until the tang over the float valve plunger is just starting to compress it, then measure from middle of float seam to float bowl gasket surface. Alternatively mount rack in vice all assembled and add 4No. clear plastic tubes to bowl drains and secure them beside each carb body, open the drain taps with free fuel flow from header tank - once all bowls full you should be able to see relative levels compared to one another and compared to what manual says they 'should be'

The way you are getting your measurement is wrong. You have the carbs upside down which put the weight of floats on the float needle. You need to have the carbs sideways so the floats hinge is highest. The floats swing till they stop against the float needle with no float weight on them.

My guess iss it's a problem with your slow jets or slow air jets being blocked. You are bypassing the slow circuit when you run on the choke circuit.