Slabside Brake rotor swap.

dynodave

No probs. Took me quite some searching on eBag and Google cross referencing given dimensions.

FYI the discs on that bike I built, with the factory looking GSX slots rather than classic drilling were made by Japanese brand Keito. Not much info on them and i got these new/second hand off eBag DE but styling is (y) for this kind of mod

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Joseph said:

20mm offset, 22.5mm to outer surface of disc i think ?

Is it 22.5mm from the wheel to the outer dsic face? So If you put the discs on a flat surface their total height will be 22.5mm?

From what I have learned, various disc manufacturers define offset differently.

1 hour ago, Metralla said:

Is it 22.5mm from the wheel to the outer dsic face? So If you put the discs on a flat surface their total height will be 22.5mm?

From what I have learned, various disc manufacturers define offset differently.

interesting, if you have a flat disc then their is zero offset from the inside of the disc, so should they be measured from the wheel mount surface to the inside of the disc ? 

• Like 1

Some manufacturers clearly measure their disc offsets as the distance from the wheel mounting face to the middle of the disc, not the inner disc face. But then give flat disc offsets as 0mm, when it should be 1/2 disc thickness. And then we wonder why there is confusion when other manufactuers give offset as wheel mounting face to inner disc surface or outer disc surface O.o. Lack of standardisation: what could possibly go wrong (e.g. electric car chargers):(.

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, TonyGee said:

interesting, if you have a flat disc then their is zero offset from the inside of the disc, so should they be measured from the wheel mount surface to the inside of the disc ? 

As @Dezza said, it has also to do with the disc thickness. So the wheel surface to oute disc surface gives the maximum space the OEM claims and then aftermarket guy know he cannot go beyond that. With a flat disc, then offset==thickness, which again is the available space envelope.

So what is the offset according to this style of measurement?

The offset should in all logic be stating from mounting face to center of the disc thickness, because that distance does not vary with disc wear.

The 20/22.5 measure posted above is an indicator of both (actual offset as described above, and offset taking in account half the thickness of the disc.

Edited by Joseph
  • Like 2