600 teapot head on a shortstroke 750?

davecara

I've just been gifted a dothead 750 unit and I'm keeping the head and cams for another build. 

Whilst i'm doing @Del30's teapot for him, would the 600 teapot head work on the 750 engine? Just thinking of a nice free capaicty uprgrade for him. Ive had a look through Frankensteins guide and couldnt see anything for this quite bizarre swap.

• Like 1

Have you got any old (or new) head gaskets 1 for a 600/750 longstroke and 1 for a 11/1200/750 short stroke , if so lay one on top or the other to find out if the studs and oil ways align,if so what sizes do the combust chamber measure are they similar.if not try using a 1200 bandit head on the s/stroke bottom end to lower the compression ready for a turbo.... kidding :stop:

If the combustion chamber volume is close then I think it'll be a case of bolting it together,with a used head gasket,time the cams and turn it over with plastercine on the pistons squish maybe an issue depending on the size of piston dome Vs how small the chamber is in comparison it maybe the pistons dome hits the head if it's bigger than the chamber rather than valve interference whichever way you'll be leading from the front!!

Think the piston pins are different sizes also 18 on the 600 and 19 on the 750 ???? Have to check

600 has 4mm longer stroke so possibly a base plate needed

Should be basically a big bore 600

If you can put a 750 head and barrel on a 600 theoretically it should fit centers etc head bolt sizes/lengths may be funny

Valves are a little on the small side for the increase in capacity but if you can live with that shouldn't be much more work than putting a DOT head on a B12

Edited by Lachie04