Now for something completely different: UPSSR GSX-R750

Spike

„Back to the UPSSR“
In a distant past, the name Menno Hindriks was already a technical celebrity in our region. Planes, cars and motorcycles were then and still are, well into the 70's!, made on the assembly line. We regularly ride together for over a decade and this all-rounder adapts many of my projects. Enjoying his work and wonderful stories every time. As a GSXR enthusiast, however, the UPSSR creations appealed the most to the imagination. In the early 1990s, 4 trendsetting allroads were designed and made in collaboration with motor wrecker UPS in Emst (Netherlands). The 1st 2 with a GSXR750 block and the others with an 1100 power plant. One 1100 was destroyed in the UPS company fire and the other was sawed up and now only exists as a license plate. The 750s, however, are still there. 1 in crates in the west of the country and 1 went via a detour to Menno's neighbor 23 years ago. There the UPSSR was lovingly cherished and embellished all these years.
After reading great stories in, among others, the Kicxstart, my desire to own a UPSSR only increased. Plans were already in the making to make a new allroad. Until an unexpected phone call from Menno a few weeks ago. Due to circumstances, neighbor Harm decided it was time to give his beloved UPSSR to someone else. Something no one ever expected! Since my fervent wish was known to both Menno and Harm, I was welcome to talk about it. I gratefully made use of that and after more than an hour of drooling at the engine we quickly came to an agreement. So now I am proud to be able to preserve this piece of art!!!
Some specs: WP front fork, Haan wheels, WP rear spring, 750 block with machined head and other camshafts, handmade stainless steel exhaust system with BSM carbon silencer, divisible frame with removable subframe, etc.

IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4119.JPG

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4123.JPG

IMG_4124.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_4127.JPG

IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4129.JPG

IMG_4130.JPG