Q for the Rajay users: is my middle section right ?

FJD

I just stuck the draw through turbo kit on my Bandit, and after starting it up, i noticed an oil leak over the alternator/cables.

Looks like the oil comes out under the V-Belt of the hot side on the turbo housing.

Also the drain is not at the very bottom of the turbo, which made me think about turning the middle section - can this be done ?

Never worked on a turbo before.

20230130_221912.thumb.jpg.0830838c24c18708212fa7899e955f51.jpg

20230130_221836.thumb.jpg.9a0d6f3ad1f9a87359925b548e859e53.jpg

from the pictures it may be not obvious, but the oil drain points towards the rear shock mounting frame brace, and not to the 6 o´clock position.

I wonder what it should look like, and if ths may be the reason for my oil leak.

In the feed pipe i have a carb jet restriction #125

Edited by FJD
more info
On 1/30/2023 at 9:52 PM, FJD said:

I just stuck the draw through turbo kit on my Bandit, and after starting it up, i noticed an oil leak over the alternator/cables.

Looks like the oil comes out under the V-Belt of the hot side on the turbo housing.

Also the drain is not at the very bottom of the turbo, which made me think about turning the middle section - can this be done ?

Never worked on a turbo before.

from the pictures it may be not obvious, but the oil drain points towards the rear shock mounting frame brace, and not to the 6 o´clock position.

I wonder what it should look like, and if ths may be the reason for my oil leak.

In the feed pipe i have a carb jet restriction #125

Simple answer is yes you can rotate the the hot side by loosening the V-Band "Dont over tighten it" 

The Cold side is fixed to the centre section and needs to be dismantled to change " I think" Loopie did mine

However where you describe the leak coming from points to the shaft being worn :( and the bearing & seal passing oil " Common Rajay Issue" can be hit and miss finding New parts.....i upgraded to a Garrett T3 i had and Loppie got it rebuilt and tweaked 9_9

I have a couple of Rajay Manuals but as they are pdf's - I can't post them up here! PM an email addy and i'll forward them. Rajay spared are getting ridiculously hard to source so good luck with seals and bearings and afaik, they don't really appreciate restricted oil flow due to their single bearing arrangement.