ACC Billet slingshot rear sets

High uncomfortable rear sets are ok for quick track days but if you're using it for riding on the road make them comfortable or you will end up not riding the bike.

Did the same one one of my bikes nice and high rear sets but found after 15 minutes on the bike I was getting cramp in my legs, so the ride wasn't fun and my riding went down hill, I then put them at a more comfortable place and loved riding the bike, end of the day on the road I'm not going as fast round bends as you would on the track.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, wraith said:

High uncomfortable rear sets are ok for quick track days but if you're using it for riding on the road make them comfortable or you will end up not riding the bike.

Did the same one one of my bikes nice and high rear sets but found after 15 minutes on the bike I was getting cramp in my legs, so the ride wasn't fun and my riding went down hill, I then put them at a more comfortable place and loved riding the bike, end of the day on the road I'm not going as fast round bends as you would on the track.

I was mostly kidding about making the bike uncomfortable. Too many old injuries at this point to be super aggressive with them anymore. Gonna mount the right side first as that’s my bad knee, and once I decide on a position, figure out the shift linkage for the left. 

Do any companies sell shift linkage in various lengths? All I’m finding here in the states is crap for Harleys. 

9 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

I was mostly kidding about making the bike uncomfortable. Too many old injuries at this point to be super aggressive with them anymore. Gonna mount the right side first as that’s my bad knee, and once I decide on a position, figure out the shift linkage for the left. 

Do any companies sell shift linkage in various lengths? All I’m finding here in the states is crap for Harleys. 

Generally , a couple of male threaded m6 rose joints and some threaded tube , and some small fab on an old gear lever does it :)

puddy 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

Don't know what the bay is like over there but I've used the Chinese ones on quite a thought bikes 

373838430430 Eblag number 

(y)

Edited by wraith
Add a bit
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I use loctite threadlock on the fasteners on my rearsets except for the bolts holding the rear master cylinder on and the operating rose joint. These have nyloc nuts because the holes in the rearset plate and pedal are plain.

When it comes to threaded rods for gearchanges, oil cooler spacers etc., fellow OSSers bluedog59 and gsxrsam have been most helpful to me and have made me bespoke items that are in a different league quality wise to anything that is commercially available :)

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1
On 1/25/2023 at 10:25 AM, wraith said:

Weirdly enough, I find high rearsets comfortable, Harley pegs make my hip lock up 

• Like 3