GSX1100 Crank rebuild recommendations

dynodave

So....anybody following my previous post will know that I had a whining noise coming from my Katana motor. I have stripped it down over Christmas and discovered a noisy/worn inner main bearing and a worn outer bearing. Can anybody recommend somebody in the midlands who can rebuild it for me? I've tried SEP but they have shut down.

Getting a crank done by Roger Upperton (or other race builders) can get expensive. His rates are good, but he checks them properly so ends up rejecting quite a few and frequently building one from several to get it right. I have one here in an engine I had from @busa ashand I'm sure he said it took three or four cranks to get one built.

That's great if you're building an engine for racing/thrashing, and it's the only way to do it if you're putting your name and/or a guarantee on it. However if you want an engine for 'normal' road use, ie how Suzuki intended, then it makes it a very (possibly unnecessarily) expensive approach.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...