Spark Plugs

Stock ones are fine for mild boost. For higher boost a step colder ones are good choice. I prefer Iridium plugs since they seem to result slightly better idle and they are more resistant to flooding. And they last forever. But otherwise standard copper plugs should do fine as well.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Arttu said:

Stock ones are fine for mild boost. For higher boost a step colder ones are good choice. I prefer Iridium plugs since they seem to result slightly better idle and they are more resistant to flooding. And they last forever. But otherwise standard copper plugs should do fine as well.

With iridium is grade structure same as ngk, so for step colder what plug is iridium.

Thank you.

DR9EIX - Iridium std heat range . . . . . DR10EIX - Would be the upgrade . . . . . but they don't make it!

IMO the std plug will take a LOT of abuse / heat / boost before causing problems. As an aside, DO NOT use Iridium plugs with nitrous as the thin tip tends to glow like a glowplug leading to detonation issues which with a nitrous engine makes big holes in things!

EDIT - Should add - above recommendation was for GSXR / GSF range of engines . . . . sorry I assumed LOL!

Edited by Gixer1460
1 hour ago, jonny1bump said:

With iridium is grade structure same as ngk, so for step colder what plug is iridium.

Thank you.

Not sure if I understood the question :) For example on my bike the std plug is DR8ES, one step colder copper plug would be then DR9ES and iridium version DR9EIX.

In theory you want always use coldest possible plug that doesn't cause fouling during idle, cold starts etc.

Edited by Arttu