Exhaust bolts

If you're trying to eye-ball it center-to-center with a pair of calipers, I can see why you're having problems :P

Just screw a couple of studs into the bolt holes, measure across the outside of both studs, then subtract the diameter of 1 stud.

You now have your center-to-center spacing perfectly :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Devilman said:

If you're trying to eye-ball it center-to-center with a pair of calipers, I can see why you're having problems :P

Just screw a couple of studs into the bolt holes, measure across the outside of both studs, then subtract the diameter of 1 stud.

Which is still 59mm

• Like 2
On 12/3/2022 at 8:36 AM, Devilman said:

I've always found less math to be easier. Measure from the east side of 1 to the east side of the other & be done.

And 58, it is. :v

Edited by slayer61
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, slayer61 said:

I've always found less math to be easier. Measure from the east side of 1 to the east side of the other & be done.

And 58, it is. :v

While fundamentally I agree, in this particular case what you suggest is unlikely / unable to be used.

Calipers cannot measure from "inside" to "ouside" on the same part in the manner you suggest.   They measure outside-outside OR inside-inside, so either way you gotta do some math :):)

• Like 1
On 12/5/2022 at 8:20 PM, Devilman said:

While fundamentally I agree, in this particular case what you suggest is unlikely / unable to be used.

Calipers cannot measure from "inside" to "ouside" on the same part in the manner you suggest.   They measure outside-outside OR inside-inside, so either way you gotta do some math :):)

Caliper? What is this "caliper" thing, of which you speak? I build with a tape measure !!!   xD