Question about DYNA 2000

HWB

Engine specs: 1127 barrels, ported 748 D ot head with flush valve guides, cams set at 105° 105° Rs 38s with 55mm velocity stacks, yosh full system.

Today i installed a dyna 2000 on and was wondering what degrees do you guys run ? I set it at 36° and on advance curve 2, rpm limiter at 10.5k might set it a bit higher tho.

I only started the bike for like 20 seconds and called it a day, i did realise the rpms were quite high so i dont know if the advance made the rise or if i should check other causes ANYWAY.... can anyone tell me whats the stock rotor have as for degrees so i can set a baseline ? Is the stock rotor 40° or what. And also what do you recommend concerning degrees and curves. I know a dyno is the best most accurate solution here but its just not possible for the moment.

Cheers and thanks for any help

20221122_185922.jpg

And although 'ballpark', don't trust the timing marks for accuracy! Only way to reliably check is with degree wheel and / or timing light (although with a GSXR, that is a bloody messy operation!) I've never found any advantage of using anything other than curve #1 and timing total set anything between 36 - 40 degrees. If you have the 2000i version you could try putting a timing 'bump' in the mid-range / cruise area of 40 - 45 degrees then back off to around 36 deg for WOT. This is a profile often used with mapped ignitions to improve the burn around peak torque.

• Like 1

36 - 40 is relatively safe although I haven't tried that with 'modern' E5 and E10 fuels! I was running those numbers with a 1186 kit @ 12.5:1 CR that only pinked on one local hill during summer - that same engine with a spacer plate + turbo was used with same timing and leaded fuel . . . .  40 degrees and 10psi boost ! ! ! O.o

I have a Dyna 2000 and set it the same as you iirc manual says to set@36-35 

Anyhow the second time I set it up on a different tacho found the read revs were doubled not sure what was going on there so ended up taking a feed straight from coil to the tacho which sorted the double rev reading

Edited by Lachie04
4 hours ago, Lachie04 said:

I have a Dyna 2000 and set it the same as you iirc manual says to set@36-35 

Anyhow the second time I set it up on a different tacho found the read revs were doubled not sure what was going on there so ended up taking a feed straight from coil to the tacho which sorted the double rev reading

The Dyna 2000 has two different colour tach takeoff wires for different tach ratios.. The one will read double what the other reads.