GS swingarm options

1 minute ago, wraith said:

Gs850 frame with chain engine ;)

The g frames are wider at the swingarm spindle area, so gives a lot of choices for swingarm wheel etc (y)

yeah i wondered that,  i did the same thing with a Zed 1000 shaft frame with a B12 engine in it.  loads of room for a decent swinger :)

• Like 1
  • Hardassfunk changed the title to GS swingarm options
20 hours ago, Hardassfunk said:

I'm looking swingarm options for the GS750, I'm considering a R1 5VY arm I have seen pictures of GSX1100ES and GS850 with this arm fitted but can't find any info on fitting 

DSC01350.thumb.jpg.3a66d8ea96006f67fd4499aa92253c90.jpg

That is one of my bikes, sorry was. Sold it around '09,  i had to cut and widen the frame on the sprocket side and use an outrigger bearing to get it all to work. 

frame015.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

frame004.jpg

Edited by Blubber
  • Like 1

Blubber Vaguely remember it on here but couldn't find it in projects ,definitely don't want to be widening the frame so that one is a definate no :(

Jonny definitely staying twin shock was planning on welding on twin shock mounts,I like the ZRX arm but they are scarce and usually expensive,apparently a Zephyr 550 swongarm is a straight swap?

FB_IMG_1666732471725.jpg

Edited by Hardassfunk
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Hardassfunk said:

Blubber Vaguely remember it on here but couldn't find it in projects ,definitely don't want to be widening the frame so that one is a definate no :(

Jenny definitely staying twin shock was planning on welding on twin shock mounts,I like the ZRX arm but they are scarce and usually expensive,apparently a Zephyr 550 swongarm is a straight swap?

FB_IMG_1666732471725.jpg

This one was documented on the previous OSS.