Tubular Key Ignition Install

Around here, stolen bikes are done by snapping the steering lock, then driving a screwdriver into the key lock. So when the bike is recovered; you have to replace the key ignition regardless. Nothing stops a meth-head or crack head....or two big motherf.... with a van or truck!

On 10/24/2022 at 12:05 PM, TonyGee said:

talking of security, have you seen them van's that have the floor cut out ?  they open the rear doors reverse over the bike and shut the doors, then lift up the bike and their off :(   

You kidding? If not I'm scared!...or is that just in London? The last time I was in the UK, bike theft was a huge topic!  Post a video! 

On 10/24/2022 at 5:05 PM, TonyGee said:

talking of security, have you seen them van's that have the floor cut out ?  they open the rear doors reverse over the bike and shut the doors, then lift up the bike and their off :(   

What do they do about the van's rear axle/diff etc ? Gonna have a bit of a problem if they cut the middle out of that.

Sounds a bit "James Bond spaceship" to me. xD

Sounds more like ' I heard about this on the internet the other day' with no proof. As said above what about the axle and holding the sides of the van together with nothing between the doors. Then what happens once they reverse over the intended target - they have to winch it up off the ground and support it on what? Someone's dream I think - why f**k around when three big lads can throw an average bike into a van in 20 - 30 seconds and be gone!

you guys never heard of front wheel drive o.O  

I saw a security video years ago,  it was a custom built van and yeah a couple of blokes in the back with a winch, it was sound proofed to help hide the sound of an alarm.   

i don't need to prove anything to anyone by the way,  if you don't believe me i don't give a shit. 

• Like 4