1157 Not revving past 9k

Damienga15de

So my bike won't rev past 9k anyone got.any idea where to start looking ? 

91 gsxr 750

Gsxr 1100 cdi 

Bandit 1200 engine 

Gsxr 1100 cams 

Coil on plug conversion

Gsxr 750 38mm carbs k&n filters

factory Pro jet kit 155 mains 

Micron headers yoshi can 

Bike ran a 1127 on the same setup fine , slight bogging at low rpm high load still the very same , revs clean and crisp off load , just under load falls flat on its face at 9k 

High RPM with Wide Open Throttle is gonna be all about the Main Jets.

What you could do, is try a "plug chop" to check the colour, might give a hint of she's going lean at high RPM / load.

Basically ride the bike into the situation where you're experiencing problems and then shut it off via the Kill-switch while you're still in "that problem range"

Then take a plug or two out and check the colour, if it's lean they will be white / ashy

Which GSXR1100 ignition are you using: slabby or slingshot? My bike currently runs a Blandit 12 engine, 1100 slabby ignition, RS38 carbs, stick coil conversion, and a bespoke 4-2-1 with ancient Cobra can and it's very revvy to say the least (although I am more used to an efe engine so 'revvy' is relative). I noticed that there are some differences between the GSXR and Blandit advance/retard settings (and between different GSXRs). I had to use the slabby pick-up as it's entirely different to that of the Blandit but it all worked fine from the off. If it's all worked OK on another bike then first I'd go through the ignition connections/earths, try another 'normal' set of coils, then go to the carbs (but checking the diaphrams should be easy as this can be done without removing the carbs if there's enough clearance).

• Like 1