Engine rebuild

Crazy88

10 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

And this happened whilst sat in garage for 18 months???.9_9

On a 22,000 miles engine ??

I've had engines/bikes stored in the garage for several years and then started and run OK when bought back to life ! No smoke or major issues.

• Like 1

For me it's a case of backing up a bit because it sounds like more than one issue if everything you're saying/being told is correct.

So firstly, how do you know the 22k is correct? If you have that backed up then that's one set of issues, if it's just what it says on the clocks then you can add in another.

If it is the correct mileage, and the low compression is on one cyl with blue smoke then I'd say stuck rings and/or it sat with moisture in the cyl. It's also worth noting that if the mileage is correct then the last 18 months was just the latest long layup. However that would have nothing to do with it not revving past 3k. If it was fine before the layup then that's a carb issue.

As others have said, you need someone who knows what they're doing, and also doesn't depend on a laptop for diagnostics take a look at it. Get it running and revving properly, then give it a run up to temp (on the road not in the workshop) then have another compression test.

• Like 4