Fuel pump with flatslides

george 1100

38 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Just find an interrupter type pump - H***a NTV's / Dullvilles have them. When the bowls are full the back pressure holds the contacts open so pump stops. I think Yam R1's have similar pumps before they went EFI and would be sized for 125 - 140hp?

Motor is apparently full house 1340 putting out 180hp+

I've been researching for him as curiosity got the better of me. Holley have some interesting products that are 2-4 psi and flow 30 gallons/hr . Have low pressure adjustable regulators also

Yes Joseph, will need a return line

4 hours ago, george 1100 said:

Out of curiosity, what psi pump and reg are you using?

Malpassi fuel regulator, fuel pump of a golf car or similar. Last one I built using a facet fuel pump. I would just use a lower fuel pressure with the regulator. IMG_20221012_125149.thumb.jpg.88b4b3640d5c74625c0a6c323c0340f5.jpg STS504_13.thumb.jpg.213bad60d3676a93e456921c0846df17.jpg

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, davecara said:

Carb blowthru's only need to be 1 or 2 psi over the boost pressure. The couple I've worked on have only been set at 1-2 psi on those malpassi regulators

Yes, but the pump has to be capable of supplying a) the fuel pressure required ie. Boost + static pressure and b) flow to match the power output @ the required boost pressure! A small EFI pump can usually do the pressure but flow can tail off to the point that bowls could run dry / not fill sufficiently. A Facet pump (as above) for instance would struggle with much more than 5-6psi boost.