Gs running gear questions

Just picked up this GS750. Plans are to chop off the subframe and stick a brown seat on it. . . . Not!

Will be keeping it relatively standard apart from a B12 swingarm and possibly a front brake upgrade,so have a couple of questions please guys

is it possible to keep the standard wheels with a B12 swingarm?

Any calipers that are a simple swap for the front end?

20221008_174748.jpg

22 minutes ago, Hardassfunk said:

Found this so guess it is possible maybe with a one off undertray,any ide whos it is?

F27DE59D-3528-49D9-8232-20A560285D09.jpeg.8b474fbcfcbdea66801da64717988ead.jpeg

It’s mine. It doesn’t have a one-off undertray…. Try one-off subframe.

The frame had the entire rear loop lopped off by someone I won’t name (not me).

Also worth noting it’s originally a shaft drive frame… so not a totally straight forward task but not impossible.

You can always use a gsx box section alloy arm. They used to be the upgrade back in the day and look pretty cool too. Plus you can put wider rims on those spoke hubs! You can get a 5 inch rim on a z900 rim for example. Not sure about the Suzi ones.

Edited by Jonny
On 10/9/2022 at 4:25 AM, Hardassfunk said:

Just picked up this GS750. Plans are to chop off the subframe and stick a brown seat on it. . . . Not!

Will be keeping it relatively standard apart from a B12 swingarm and possibly a front brake upgrade,so have a couple of questions please guys

is it possible to keep the standard wheels with a B12 swingarm?

Any calipers that are a simple swap for the front end?

20221008_174748.jpg

When a lathe and a mill are available, your imagination is about the limit. Skills do help a bit ;)

I've got a B12 swinger in my GS1000, and it looks like the B12 swinger is designed for the GS (looks wise) I did need to make some bushes