Re routing oil cooler lines

Jimothy72

Hi all, I'm currently on a long term  project  and she's a 1991 slingshot 750. It's been previously done as a streetfighter back in the 90s and looks good but there's a couple of things I'm wanting to change  but thought I'd ask for advice before creating my own headaches. For example I thing the original oil cooler hoses coming up the outside of the frame and hiding its beauty with their  protruding black ugliness is a sin and and half. I'd love to see and hear from of anybody who's done a re routing with something tidy and shiny that gets rid of the protruding bulkyness of the stock lines and hoses?

Thanks in advance     Jamie 

20220109_162430.jpg

^^^ Nice solution to pipe avoidance :tu With a top fed radiator (nothing wrong with bottom feed btw!) you have a little more scope for maybe turning the fittings toward the centre and then running hoses down front of cylinders between 2 & 3, then separate around the filter? Just a thought! ;)

• Like 1

If you go for braided lines you can retain the OEM cooler by using the AN8 (or 6??) adapters flogged on Eblag by torques. Then it's just a case of buying some hose and two fittings for the cooler adapters and two for the sump. Or go the whole hog and fit an aftermarket cooler too :).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jimothy72 said:

Ooh do I spy a turbo? toying with the idea of a supercharger but I have no idea where to start unfortunately 

20220710_115349.jpg

Get yourself forged pistons, make sure you've a lathe and mill available, get yourself a supercharger..

Edited by Reinhoud
  • Like 2

Routing them is always an arse pain! It's not hard to make your own stainless pipes - but half decent fittings and hose ain't cheap. There's an on line hose company that make them mail order to your length and choice of fittings/angles etc. All pre pressure tested - I can speak from experience that fitting it all up - after making your own hoses... then firing up to find a leak is a proper pisser!