1216 Build with APE Hardware Issues

rider384

Hi all, this is probably a really stupid question so I apologize in advance, just want to make sure I'm getting this all correct. 

9/12 of the APE head/cylinder studs work perfectly, no issues. Two of them are too short (top left and right studs in the photo). No way to get enough threads on the head nuts to get on, much less torque down. One of the studs is also longer than the others, and even with a factory washer there it won't crank down enough to clamp, the nut just bottoms out.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something really obvious here, or if I ordered the wrong stud set. I ordered "CS1127GSX " for the studs and "CHN1000k" for the nuts. 

Thanks in advance

IMG_1689.jpg

Edited by rider384

Interesting, wondering if they were packaged incorrectly as I have a single long one. I got the two shorter ones figured out thanks to the workshop manual, I'm going to pull all of them and measure to make sure either way. 

Also, semi-related, should I be using factory torque specs with this bit of kit or is more torque recommended?