Hayabusa Clutch Pressure Plate

Big ask….

But, does anyone have a pressure plate from a Gen1 busa that I could borrow to compare to the TL1000R unit?

Curreny mid-build into the KaTL Turbo and am considering a lock-up clutch.

Nothing about for the TLR but loads for Busas for the obvious reasons.

I have checked the part numbers and they are different; however, that doesn’t mean they won’t fit and work effectively. It could be that it’s like 0.5mm thicker etc.

The Busa already shares some clutch parts with the TL like the centre boss and back torque limiter so I’m edging my bets but I’m not 100% sure.

If someone can help that would be excellent.

Thanks

Matt.

04636D51-CEA7-432F-A42C-F668DD27F8AE.jpeg

BF70D013-8904-462A-913F-72161C41AF3A.jpeg

5F8D8589-86B5-4CC4-AE60-FE95A3BD4B5B.jpeg

4ADE114E-B0AC-4234-849D-29DE44834F77.jpeg

Edited by Matt-Man
Typo
  • Like 5
  • 7 months later...

Long time ago u have asked this, so might have found some answers but will post my knowledge for any future reference.

TL1000R and S use smaller clutch than Busa, BUT SV1000 uses similar clutch to Busa as it uses the same clutch plates (according to Partzilla part reference). Also TLR clutch has 6 springs when has only 5 springs, but this I think you already know.

Haven't handeled a Busa clutch myself, but have handeled SV1000 and TL1000R clutches, so know for a fact that TL clutch is smaller in diameter than Busa/SV.

It is possible to fit the TLR/S clutch to SV (have done this myself with R clutch) so I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible to fit it the otherway around if the bigger SV clutch just fits inside the TL engine cases. SV clutch is bigger in diameter thats for sure, but it's more flat.

There is also some know issues with the SV clutch (google SV clutch chudder), but those can be worked out by few machine shops. I had mine done by Werks.

I have been thinking of turboing my SV1000 sometime in the future and if the oem SV clutch doesn't hold my intented powerlevels, might try the the busa lock up route.

Edited by IhmeJanneFIN
typos
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, IhmeJanneFIN said:

might try the the busa lock up route.

I have 4 here at the moment. The Busa clutch takes a lot of abuse but hard launches are let down by that awful BTL but that’s an easy fix as I’m sure you know.  I assume you mean Gen-1 or 2. The 3 has a very complicated power-assist clutch that folk are retro fitting a modded Gen-2 unit to. 

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 12:15 AM, Tony Nitrous said:

I have 4 here at the moment. The Busa clutch takes a lot of abuse but hard launches are let down by that awful BTL but that’s an easy fix as I’m sure you know.  I assume you mean Gen-1 or 2. The 3 has a very complicated power-assist clutch that folk are retro fitting a modded Gen-2 unit to. 

Yeah I mean gen 1. That's plates match up with SV.

Just out of curiosity @Tony Nitrous, how well does your turbo setup behave on a V2 engine? Is it laggy to spool with long headers before turbo? Also are your pipes before turbo equal length (or volume)? Been thinking my own future build and it would require quite a lot of unnecessary fabrication to make equal lenght/equal volume headers before the turbo for my planned location and as far as I am aware, equal headers are not that important on turbo builds anyway, but it would probably help with the spool.

On 5/21/2023 at 1:26 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Get the mismatch in pipe lengths right and they may work like a 'big bang' engine as far as the turbo is concerned . . . . . . . maybe?

That is what I have also been thinking. I think i just have to figure out when the engine fires which cylinder, how fast the exhaust pulse moves, exhaust pipe volume/length etc. Maybe? Anyway, pretty sure there is fancy math stuff involved, which I am not very good at so a lot of research has to be done for that some time in the future.