GSX600F carbs on GSXR750 insanity?

EssexAndy

Hi everyone

Ok, heres my dilema

I've got a chop project on the go with a 1988 GSXR750 engine, with pod filters and exasts so short they hardly qualify for the name.

Ive had the bike to multiple garages to get the carbs set up and no matter what I try we get a big flat spot in the middle of the rev range, so my thinking is to try a set of 600 carbs to give me good mid range and low end power, top end is unimportant since i'll almost never break 70mph with a hardtail.

ive got a set of 1998 gsx600f carbs, I know I can make them fit with the right rubbers but does anyone know of a stage 3 jet kit? or anything I can do to get these running right?

Or do i just scrap those and get bandit 600 carbs?

Fairly standard issue when the airbox delete mod is carried out - mid range flat spot. You can go to hundreds of garages but if they don't have a dyno, you are wasting time and money! Dynojet St3 kits are available for the GSX600 range and will likely address the mid range issue with a quick dyno session to check overall correct fueling. But please address the exhaust situation as ultra short, ultra noisy exhausts just piss everyone off and if extreme enough just make the engine run like shite!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Fairly standard issue when the airbox delete mod is carried out - mid range flat spot. You can go to hundreds of garages but if they don't have a dyno, you are wasting time and money! Dynojet St3 kits are available for the GSX600 range and will likely address the mid range issue with a quick dyno session to check overall correct fueling. But please address the exhaust situation as ultra short, ultra noisy exhausts just piss everyone off and if extreme enough just make the engine run like shite!

Pipes are a work in progress, waiting on some baffles to see if I can dial them down a bit.  This is somebody else’s aborted project that I picked up. 

for the jet kit, I can only see a stage one kit from dynojet. Will any other model fit? 

I know most of these generation of carbs are interchangeable but not familiar with the internals

12 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

What exactly have you got for an exhaust ? A set of stupidly short downpipes is a sure way to screw things up.

Pair of 2 into 1 straight through pipes, the standard daft setup. I’m having a nice system fabricated. 

main issue right now is if these carbs are viable or if I start looking for some bandit ones. 

5 hours ago, EssexAndy said:

for the jet kit, I can only see a stage one kit from dynojet. Will any other model fit? 

I don't know what year model the carbs are from so this is a guess but indicates both st1 and st3 ! https://dynojet.co.uk/amfinder?find=suzuki-gsx600-fj-fk-1988-236182&sid=vCdyH7kyd0 Just use the sites product search to locate correct kit.

These kits are designed for a certain engine matched to certain carbs so can't just be applied to other combinations. The fact you are using 600 carbs on a 750 engine will bring its own tuning issues but a dyno is the place to resolve those! As said the exhaust should be close to what is finally planned but a st3 kit will work with most things from mild to wild!

Yes the gsx600f carbs will work with the correct intake rubbers.

As above exhaust, with some exhausts you end up with a bit 100% carb set up.

When you're going to get the dyna st3 kit, give Dyna UK a bell tell them what you have and they can hear the kit to more what you need, they are very helpful I find, think the man you need to speak to is called Phil if I remember right (y)