Longer EFE throttle cable

Jonny

54 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Only about an inch - the revs climb when I turn the bars left, so not much longer at all. I did have it routed so it worked but I can't make that happen now.

Right. How long is the standard item ?

I might have an option soon that might work. It's the size of the plastic screw in thread that will define whether it could work or not

53 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Right. How long is the standard item ?

I might have an option soon that might work. It's the size of the plastic screw in thread that will define whether it could work or not

It’s hard to measure with the 90 degree bend in it but I reckon 38 1/2 inches. So need one that it 39 1/2 or 40. That is the length of the cable not the sheath. The length of the sheath is 32 1/2 inches 

Edited by Jonny
19 hours ago, Jonny said:

Before I send Venhill Cables 60 quid, does anyone know an off-the-shelf throttle cable that fits the EFE but is about an inch longer?

GSXR cables are different at the throttle end and GS cables are different at the carb end.

Thanks,

Jonny

I used GSXR cable and the GSXR throttle tube in the EF switch 

• Like 1

I was a bit obsessed with fitting Renthal 789’s to my bikes for a while. Often needing new cables. I never had one made.

My standard method was to take the old cables into a few bike shops and ask for “same ends but xx inches longer”.  I’ve ended up with cables from naked road bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers etc, but always something that was off the shelf and not custom made. 

How helpful your local stores spares counter is makes a huge difference. 

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • Like 1