GS1000 CLUTCH DRUM PLAY

Savav2v1

So took clutch basket out etc all looked how it should or was it.... 

Went to fit new friction plates from SPS but to big

After a very quick response from SPS I've now learnt from Nick that i have a gs750 basket which has straight primarys, a cheap upgrade as kinder to basket and crank

Also have 3 standard clutch springs and 3 HD ones, new 750 plates on order so some oiled unused gs1000 plates will be up for sale

I'm guessing the slight play is from the staight cut primarys (y)

• Like 1

play might be the ally basket onto the steel primary drive gear which does slightly wear over time you used to be able to buy a kit to remove the rivets and transmission shock absorber springs and replace with new ones to remove the slop, but tbh, pretty much all gs/gsx clutches rattle at some time or other.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, johnr said:

play might be the ally basket onto the steel primary drive gear which does slightly wear over time you used to be able to buy a kit to remove the rivets and transmission shock absorber springs and replace with new ones to remove the slop, but tbh, pretty much all gs/gsx clutches rattle at some time or other.

Thanks for your input bud,as you say seems like they all have some movement (y)

6 hours ago, Duckndive said:

Rotational Play is normally weak or broken springs....Repair Kit is available from various sources 

Lateral Play along the shaft can be shimmed out i dont have a 2V manual but the 4V one covers it...

Thanks very much, i shall have a look

5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Straight cut teeth may seem an upgrade but they aren't as they are weaker than helicals! Also the 750 gears are a different ratio to the 1100 and spin the clutch faster or slower - either way it was a mod favoured by Prostock dragbikes years ago. Only bonus is..... they are quieter LOL.

Very intersting, i shall now say  she has a prostock dragbike mod xD, thanks for sharing bud (y)