Bandit katana engine swap cdi swap

F**k me doesn't anyone ever bother looking at wiring diagrams anymore ! Suzuki San has pretty much used the same colours for their loom since the Dinosaurs were around! You need to worry about Orange / white (12v+), Black/Yellow (coil 2&3), White (coil 1&4), Black/White (ground), Black/Red (or Red/Black) ((tacho signal), Blue (Ign pick-up) and Yellow (Ign pick-up). Everything else is Blandit related and not required to run a 'normal' oil boiler.

BTW - Suzuki tacho's will often over read by 1000rpm and most engines are well past their power peak if approaching the indicated red line so having a 10 or 11k red line is largely immaterial!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

F**k me doesn't anyone ever bother looking at wiring diagrams anymore ! Suzuki San has pretty much used the same colours for their loom since the Dinosaurs were around! You need to worry about Orange / white (12v+), Black/Yellow (coil 2&3), White (coil 1&4), Black/White (ground), Black/Red (or Red/Black) ((tacho signal), Blue (Ign pick-up) and Yellow (Ign pick-up). Everything else is Blandit related and not required to run a 'normal' oil boiler.

BTW - Suzuki tacho's will often over read by 1000rpm and most engines are well past their power peak if approaching the indicated red line so having a 10 or 11k red line is largely immaterial!

Jurassic differ to Cretaceous: aircooled and slabby don't use the black/red that's present on later oilcooled :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wraith said:

I was a good boy, seen this post this morning before I went to work and didn't say anything about USA and non Katana's xD

Don't forget the 1100f (not kat) ran a big 52t rear sprocket and the b12 ran a 45t 

That will give a big rev difference at top rpm 

Who in their right mind would ride a powerscreen about at 11,000 rpm anyway? It may be amusing to watch though before the inevitable happened.... Anyway, the whole point of the powerscreen engine (in stock trim) is mega mid range.

• Like 2