Widening Stock GS1150 Wheels?

Elimax

There was an oem wider wheel option for the GS1150...a forum member on another site offered to sell them to me.

I don't know if that was a common option or just a USA option, the wheels were black and not the gold I was looking for, in hindsight I could've painted them gold.

On 9/4/2022 at 7:08 PM, dupersunc said:

Another option is to go to someone like Taylormade. If there is material in the right place,you can get rim machined off and drill holes to mount a spun alloy rims.

A mate here (AU) with some serious skills and a heap of gear knocked out a pair of wheels for one of his bikes.  Can’t see what a pair of wider replica in 17” wheels couldn’t be done. It certainly wouldn’t be a cheap option but you’d get exactly what you were after. 

My Busa frames been welded back up, I know to a GSXR750 with some serious surgery to take a turbo Busa motor and I’ve seen alloy frames on dragbike get the head stocks removed and refitted. 

It wouldn’t be a bloke down the pub with a cheap Halfords mig, but I’m sure wider wheels is quite possible. 

• Like 2