2006 Katana 750

Kozzer

First thing to check would be the thermostatic switch, wherever that might be mounted? If you have a multimeter, pull one of the connectors off the switch, put the meter probes on either contract and with the meter set for continuity, it should read open circuit when cold. If you get continuity, switch is FUBAR. 

Also worth checking is the relay for the fan.....assuming it has one. 

Thought I would give an update. Hate it when people ask a bunch of questions on forums but never share what they found.

This bike is originally from California. Apparently their emissions requires the fan to run 10-15 minutes after the bike shuts off. Seems a bit excessive to me but it is working normally.

Thanks

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Kozzer said:

Thought I would give an update. Hate it when people ask a bunch of questions on forums but never share what they found.

This bike is originally from California. Apparently their emissions requires the fan to run 10-15 minutes after the bike shuts off. Seems a bit excessive to me but it is working normally.

Thanks

Who never shared what they found? 

California model.  That explains it.  When it comes to motor vehicles and firearms, California is like its own country within the US with special emissions/safety requirements.  If you dear friends across the Atlantic get a "USA" model bike that seems strange, check your paperwork.  We've had that situation here on OSS.

...and please stop taking our bikes.